Not sure if you feel the same way, but the month of February went by super FASST. February is a such an historical month with the celebration of “Black History”. However, I couldn’t let this month end without highlighting some of America “black royalty” icons. For many of us, its just history. To those people who ancestors fought, protest, and died to fight for equality, freedom, and justice for blacks in America this is “heroic” history.
Before we sign off on February 28, 2014, let’s take a step back into time and remember a few of our famous black american female icons.
1. Ella Fitzgerald (1917-1996) – Jazz Singer
2. Etta James (1938-2012) – Singer/Songwriter
3. Eartha Kitt (1927-2008) – Singer, Actress, Dancer, and Cabaret Star
4. Pam “Foxy Brown” Grier (1949 – Present) – Famous American Actress
5. Joyce Bryant (1928-Present) – Blues/Jazz Singer
6. Maya Angelou (1928-Present) – Famous Author, Poet, Dancer
7. Diana Ross (1944-Present) – Actress, Singer, Producer
8. Della Reese (1931- Present) Actress, Singer
9. Lena Horne (1917-2010) – Actress, Singer, Civil Rights Leader, Dancer
10. Josephine Baker (1906-1975) – Dancer, Singer, Actress
Happy GlamCurvy Friday!
Pics Courtesy of Pinterest Contributors