This is interesting. You may love the Top 10 picks or question them. I was curious to find out the TOP 1o glamcurvy models in the industry today. I have to admit I was excited to find out. However, some would question whether these models are “true” plus size. Well we all know the fashion industry can be slighted by reality. I was bothered by a few of the models that were selected. I think MIDSIZE not PLUS SIZE, but I will let you decide.
1. Jennie Ruck – H&M Plus Size Swimsuit Model – Awesome!
2. Saffi Karina – British Model – Face of Curvy Project London – Plus or MidSize???
3. Crystal Renn – Straight Size to Plus Size Model – Size 8 – Plus Size or Mid-Size??
4. Justine LeGault – Elle Quebec – May 2014 Cover Model – Love her.
5. Robyn Lawley – First Plus Size Model for Ralph Lauren – Plus Size or Midsize?
6. Tara Lynn – Elle France – Feb 2012 Cover Model – Great Look.
7. Ashley Graham – Lane Bryant Model who ad was Banned – Five Stars*****
8. Tess Munster – Fashion Blogger/Model – She so FAB!
9. Candice Huffine – S Moda May 2012 Model – Sexy Glam
10. Velvet d’Amour – 2007 Jean Paul Gaultier Model/ Magazine Owner of VOL•UP•2 – She so fierce!
Photos Courtesy of Huffington Post. Read more here
The Body Shop launched a ad campaign in 1998 to chant on the pudgy plastic doll “Ruby”. Ruby image was supposed to betray the average women size and the celebration of age.
According to co-owner Anita Roddick, “In 1998, The Body Shop debuted its self-esteem campaign, featuring the generously proportioned doll we dubbed “Ruby.” Her rubenesque figure graced windows in The Body Shop windows in the UK that year, along with our slogan, “There are 3 billion women who don’t look like supermodels and only 8 who do.” She went on to appear in stores in Australia, Asia, and the United States, where she captured the imaginations of consumers weary of the rail-thin heroin-chic of the beauty industry’s advertising messages.”
Today, THE BODY SHOP name is owned by Loreal and they are attempting to bring “Ruby” back to raise awareness of the average women size
Would you like to see “Ruby” back with a modernize twist?
Photos Courtesy of THE BODY SHOP
To read more, click here.
Glam Curvy T
“Curvy – (of a woman’s body) having a large bosom and pleasing curves; “Hollywood seems full of curvaceous blondes”; “a curvy young woman in a tight dress”
Let’s change this definition…. REAL WOMEN have curves and your skin color should not matter.